I developed this recipe and it is easy and kid friendly -- Grown-ups like it too. I strongly suggest to use drumsticks, or boned thighs, not the boneless breast. I also remove skin from the drumsticks to reduce the fat intake. Don't skip on fresh ginger and garlic. You can double or tripe the recipe and adjust amount of soy sauce & sugar for your preference.
- In a small bowl, combine soy sauce, sugar, water, ginger, garlic, sesame oil, and pepper.
- Place drumsticks on non-stick skillet and pour the soy sauce mixture on top. Cover with lid and bring to boil. Reduce the heat to low and cook for 15 min until they are cooked through.
- Remove the cover, turn up the heat to mid-high. The sauce will get thicken and start to caramelize in a few minutes. Continue to cook drumsticks turning them around so the sauce can cover them evenly, about 5 more minutes.
- When you see the sauce becomes like dark brown glaze and stick on to the meat, it is done.
- Remove from the heat, sprinkle sesame seeds all over them.
- Serve with hot rice and my steamed broccoli (recipe #286792).