Recipe by asiaford1
I developed this recipe and it is easy and kid friendly -- Grown-ups like it too. I strongly suggest to use drumsticks, or boned thighs, not the boneless breast. I also remove skin from the drumsticks to reduce the fat intake. Don't skip on fresh ginger and garlic. You can double or tripe the recipe and adjust amount of soy sauce & sugar for your preference.
Top Review by I'mPat
Scaled this back for 1 serve and used 2 drumsticks for the DM but unfortunately my sauce burnt out in the initial cooking but was able to save the drumsticks but they were not cooked so made up some more sauce in a small frypan and put the drumsticks in and put in a 175C fan forced oven for 10 minutes which cooked the chicken through and left a very nice glazy sauce to pour over the rice and the drumsticks and the DM enjoyed no end and even surprised me by eating up more of her rice than I thought she would. Thank you Chef #687512, made for Name That Ingredient tag game.
- 5 -6 skinless chicken drumsticks
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, combine soy sauce, sugar, water, ginger, garlic, sesame oil, and pepper.
- Place drumsticks on non-stick skillet and pour the soy sauce mixture on top. Cover with lid and bring to boil. Reduce the heat to low and cook for 15 min until they are cooked through.
- Remove the cover, turn up the heat to mid-high. The sauce will get thicken and start to caramelize in a few minutes. Continue to cook drumsticks turning them around so the sauce can cover them evenly, about 5 more minutes.
- When you see the sauce becomes like dark brown glaze and stick on to the meat, it is done.
- Remove from the heat, sprinkle sesame seeds all over them.
- Serve with hot rice and my steamed broccoli (recipe #286792).