1/1 Photo of Caramelized Chicken Drumsticks
Chef #687512's Note:
I developed this recipe and it is easy and kid friendly -- Grown-ups like it too. I strongly suggest to use drumsticks, or boned thighs, not the boneless breast. I also remove skin from the drumsticks to reduce the fat intake. Don't skip on fresh ginger and garlic. You can double or tripe the recipe and adjust amount of soy sauce & sugar for your preference.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a small bowl, combine soy sauce, sugar, water, ginger, garlic, sesame oil, and pepper.
- 2Place drumsticks on non-stick skillet and pour the soy sauce mixture on top. Cover with lid and bring to boil. Reduce the heat to low and cook for 15 min until they are cooked through.
- 3Remove the cover, turn up the heat to mid-high. The sauce will get thicken and start to caramelize in a few minutes. Continue to cook drumsticks turning them around so the sauce can cover them evenly, about 5 more minutes.
- 4When you see the sauce becomes like dark brown glaze and stick on to the meat, it is done.
- 5Remove from the heat, sprinkle sesame seeds all over them.
- 6Serve with hot rice and my steamed broccoli (Steamed Broccoli).
Browse Our Top Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caramelized Chicken Drumsticks
Serving Size: 1 (235 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 287.1
- Calories from Fat 75
- Total Fat 8.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 119.3 mg
- Sodium 1646.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 13.1 g
- Protein 35.3 g