Someday I'm going to stop eating dairy products. But today I stumbled across this recipe and couldn't stop myself from drooling. We all know that those little bits of melted cheese that ooze out and burn on the side are one of the best parts of a grilled cheese sandwich so why not take it one step further and purposely coat the the grilled cheese sandwich with cheese to caramelize on? Ooey gooey goodness. I'm just sayin'......from Closet Cooking.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat a skillet on medium heat.
- 2Completely butter one side of each slice of bread.
- 3Place one slice of bread in the pan, buttered side down, sprinkle on half of the cheese and top with the remaining slice of bread, buttered side up.
- 4Turn the heat down a notch and cook until golden brown, about 2-4 minutes.
- 5Flip and cook until golden brown on the other side, about 2-4 minutes.
- 6Sprinkle half of the remaining cheese on an unoccupied section of the pan, place the grilled cheese on top and cook until the cheese has melted and caramelized, about 2-4 minutes.
- 7Sprinkle the remaining cheese on an unoccupied section of the pan, flip the grilled cheese on top and cook until the cheese has melted and caramelized, about 2-4 minutes.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caramelized Cheese Covered Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Serving Size: 1 (234 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 798.8
- Calories from Fat 493
- Total Fat 54.8 g
- Saturated Fat 33.8 g
- Cholesterol 139.5 mg
- Sodium 2002.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 37.4 g