1/1 Photo of Caramelized Chai Dessert French Toast
This is a dessert french toast that is a special treat for breakfast as well. If you choose to substitute with a different liqueur I would reduce the amount to 1 tablespoons.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Beat eggs, half & half, liqueur, sugar, vanilla and cinnamon in a large shallow dish.
- 2Add bread slices and let stand for about 2 minutes to absorb mixture. Turn and let stand 2 minutes more.
- 3Melt butter in a large skillet.
- 4Sprinkle 1 teaspoons brown sugar on each side of bread.
- 5Cook over medium to medium-high heat for about 2 to 3 minutes per side or until crisp, taking care not to burn sugar. (If sugar begins to burn, wipe out pan with a paper towel).
- 6Transfer to plates and top with a small scoop of ice cream and a drizzle of liqueur, if you like.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caramelized Chai Dessert French Toast
Serving Size: 1 (208 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 542.6
- Calories from Fat 90
- Total Fat 10.0 g
- Saturated Fat 5.0 g
- Cholesterol 109.7 mg
- Sodium 544.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 62.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 18.1 g
- Protein 13.4 g