Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a dessert french toast that is a special treat for breakfast as well. If you choose to substitute with a different liqueur I would reduce the amount to 1 tablespoons.
- Beat eggs, half & half, liqueur, sugar, vanilla and cinnamon in a large shallow dish.
- Add bread slices and let stand for about 2 minutes to absorb mixture. Turn and let stand 2 minutes more.
- Melt butter in a large skillet.
- Sprinkle 1 teaspoons brown sugar on each side of bread.
- Cook over medium to medium-high heat for about 2 to 3 minutes per side or until crisp, taking care not to burn sugar. (If sugar begins to burn, wipe out pan with a paper towel).
- Transfer to plates and top with a small scoop of ice cream and a drizzle of liqueur, if you like.