From Food & Wine, Sept. 2004. I hope to make this soon now that spinach is safe again.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 lb pancetta, thinly sliced, finely chopped
- 1 1/4 lbs cauliflower, cored and cut into small florets
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon dill, coarsely chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 5 ounces Baby Spinach
- 1In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoons oil.
- 2Add the pancetta and cook over moderate heat until the fat has been rendered, about 4 minutes.
- 3Stir in the cauliflower, onion, dill and bay leaf.
- 4Cover and cook, stirring occasionally for 15 minutes. The cauliflower should be tender and browned.
- 5In a large bowl, mix the lemon juice with the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- 6Season with salt and pepper.
- 7Add the cauliflower and the spinach, toss and serve.
Browse Our Top Spinach Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Spinach Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caramelized Cauliflower With Pancetta and Spinach
Serving Size: 1 (208 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 141.5
- Calories from Fat 93
- Total Fat 10.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 71.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 4.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: