Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From Food & Wine, Sept. 2004. I hope to make this soon now that spinach is safe again.
Make and share this Caramelized Cauliflower With Pancetta and Spinach recipe from Food.com.
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 lb pancetta, thinly sliced, finely chopped
- 1 1⁄4 lbs cauliflower, cored and cut into small florets
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon dill, coarsely chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 5 ounces Baby Spinach
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoons oil.
- Add the pancetta and cook over moderate heat until the fat has been rendered, about 4 minutes.
- Stir in the cauliflower, onion, dill and bay leaf.
- Cover and cook, stirring occasionally for 15 minutes. The cauliflower should be tender and browned.
- In a large bowl, mix the lemon juice with the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the cauliflower and the spinach, toss and serve.