From Food & Wine, Sept. 2004. I hope to make this soon now that spinach is safe again.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 lb pancetta, thinly sliced, finely chopped
- 1 1/4 lbs cauliflower, cored and cut into small florets
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon dill, coarsely chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 5 ounces Baby Spinach
- 1In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoons oil.
- 2Add the pancetta and cook over moderate heat until the fat has been rendered, about 4 minutes.
- 3Stir in the cauliflower, onion, dill and bay leaf.
- 4Cover and cook, stirring occasionally for 15 minutes. The cauliflower should be tender and browned.
- 5In a large bowl, mix the lemon juice with the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- 6Season with salt and pepper.
- 7Add the cauliflower and the spinach, toss and serve.
Browse Our Top Spinach Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caramelized Cauliflower With Pancetta and Spinach
Serving Size: 1 (208 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 141.5
- Calories from Fat 93
- Total Fat 10.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 71.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 4.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: