From Better Homes & Gardens. During cooking, gently shake skillet to prevent carrots from sticking! Very good way to change up carrots.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat olive oil in large skillet, then add carrots, cut side down.
- 2Sprinkle with salt and cook, covered, for 10 minutes.
- 3Turn carrots, add garlic, cover and continue cooking for 10 minutes, or until tender and golden brown.
- 4Remove carrots to serving plate and cover to keep warm.
- 5Add whipping cream and cayenne pepper to the same skillet and bring to a boil.
- 6Reduce heat and gently boil for 2 to 4 minutes, until cream is slightly thickened.
- 7Pour over carrots and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Corn Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caramelized Carrots
Serving Size: 1 (138 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 147.2
- Calories from Fat 99
- Total Fat 11.0 g
- Saturated Fat 5.0 g
- Cholesterol 27.1 mg
- Sodium 159.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 1.5 g