Recipe by Julesong
This is one of my adopted recipes. It looks like a dish my family and I would enjoy as appetizers, so I hope to make it and edit it in the future.
Top Review by LyWChef
I made as diner for my Husband and his friend, and it was really good.. a lit bit sweet. I added slice white onions while the sauce was caramelizing. I think i'll either take out next time either the sugar or the molasses, Cause combined it's a bit much. Still good... I'm thinking may be you could add a little jalapeÃ±o or something to make it spicy at the same time.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs pork shoulder, bonless (cut into 1-inch cubes)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon tequila
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper, to taste
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1 green onion, sliced, both green and white parts
Directions See How It's Made
- Place pork cubes in single layer in 10-inch skillet.
- Top with remaining ingredients except green onion.
- Heat to boiling; reduce heat.
- Simmer uncovered, stirring occasionally until the water has evaproated and the pork is slightly caramelized, about 35 minutes.
- Sprinkle with green onion and serve with wooden picks.