Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
This is a really quick recipe to make....no marinating and very little cook time. Pounding the chicken breasts help reduce the cooking time. Feel free to substitute boneless chicken thighs or even boneless pork chops! Best on a charcoal grill. From Southern Living.
- 4 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cajun seasoning
- Prepare your charcoal on the grill, or preheat your gas grill to 350-400 degrees (medium-high).
- Place chicken between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap; flatten to 1/2 inch thickness using a rolling pin or the flat side of a meat mallet.
- Stir together brown sugar and Cajun seasoning; rub over the chicken.
- When grill is ready, grill chicken, covered with the grill lid, 4 minutes on each side or until done. Season with salt if you need it.
It is pretty far removed from outdoor cooking weather here in London at the moment. So, instead I did these under the broiler and that worked without any problem. I am not good at extra spicy things. So, the addition of the sugar was good for taking that bite out of the spice for me. Yet, it kept enough in to keep my spice mad husband happy. Made for 1-2-3 tag.
This was a great recipe. I used boneless pork chops instead of chicken. I grilled them. Next time I will use the chicken. Made for Newest Zaar tag.
Not quite sure how I've missed this recipe, breezermom, but that has now been remedied! Perfect for on the fly, this was fabulous! I love cajun/blackened chicken and am always on the lookout for new recipes. Due to inclement weather, this was prepared in my oven @ 450? for about 20 minutes, which was perfect. The smoke alarm only went off once! LOL Thanks for sharing this tasty dish, breezermom!