1/18 Photos of Caramelized Butternut Squash
1 hr 10 mins
This is a delicious butternut squash recipe from Ina Garten / The Barefoot Contessa. We really enjoy this during the holidays. It is best when the squash is cut in medium to large chunks so that the outside gets a maple-flavored crust, and the inside stays soft and delicious.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- 2Cut off the ends of each butternut squash and discard.
- 3Peel the squash and cut in half lengthwise.
- 4Using a spoon, remove the seeds.
- 5Cut the squash into 1 1/4" to 1 1/2" cubes (large and uniform is best), and place them on a baking sheet.
- 6Add the melted butter, brown sugar, salt and pepper.
- 7With clean hands, toss all of the ingredients together and spread out in a single layer on the baking sheet.
- 8Roast for 45 minutes to 55 minutes, until the squash is tender and the glaze begins to caramelize.
- 9Turn the squash while roasting a few times with a spatula to be sure it browns evenly.
- 10Adjust seasonings if needed.
- 11Serve hot.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caramelized Butternut Squash
Serving Size: 1 (403 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 307.3
- Calories from Fat 107
- Total Fat 11.9 g
- Saturated Fat 7.3 g
- Cholesterol 30.5 mg
- Sodium 455.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.6 g
- Sugars 17.2 g
- Protein 3.9 g