This is a delicious butternut squash recipe from Ina Garten / The Barefoot Contessa. We really enjoy this during the holidays. It is best when the squash is cut in medium to large chunks so that the outside gets a maple-flavored crust, and the inside stays soft and delicious.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Cut off the ends of each butternut squash and discard.
- Peel the squash and cut in half lengthwise.
- Using a spoon, remove the seeds.
- Cut the squash into 1 1/4" to 1 1/2" cubes (large and uniform is best), and place them on a baking sheet.
- Add the melted butter, brown sugar, salt and pepper.
- With clean hands, toss all of the ingredients together and spread out in a single layer on the baking sheet.
- Roast for 45 minutes to 55 minutes, until the squash is tender and the glaze begins to caramelize.
- Turn the squash while roasting a few times with a spatula to be sure it browns evenly.
- Adjust seasonings if needed.
- Serve hot.