1/2 Photos of Caramelized Brussels Sprouts With Pecans
From the Voluptuous Vegan. Sounds delicious. I'll probably be trying this real soon, so I'll have an update for anyone who's interested. A 1/4 pound of bruseel sprouts is considered to be 20 small or 10 large. The cookbook gives you a choice with the pearl onions that I could not include in the list of ingredients, and that is you could use red pearl onions.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Arrange the pecan halves on a baking sheet and toast for 7 minutes or until lightly golden. Let cool.
- 3Remove the outer leaves of the brussel sprouts and trim the stems. If any of them are large cut in half.
- 4Bring a small saucepan of water to boil. Blanch the onions for one minute, and then drain and peel the outer layer of skin from each onion.
- 5In a small bowl combine the water, maple syrup and mustard and whisk.
- 6Heat a medium sized skillet before adding snything first; then add the oil, onions, and brussel sprouts and saute for a few minutes or until the sprouts begin to brown.
- 7Add the syrup mixture to the skillet, reduce the heat to low and cover the pan. Cook until the sprouts are tender and the liquid has turned to a glaze, which should take 10-12 minutes.
- 8Stir in the pecans, add the salt and pepper and serve while hot.
Browse Our Top Low Protein Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low Protein Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caramelized Brussels Sprouts With Pecans
Serving Size: 1 (70 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 170.3
- Calories from Fat 102
- Total Fat 11.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 24.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 13.2 g
- Protein 1.5 g