I saw Chef Robert Irvine make these on the Food Network and I just had to try them. I adjusted the recipe for 4 people but I'm presenting the original recipe here. Absolutely delicious!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large pot over high heat, bring the water to a boil. Generously salt the water and add the Brussels sprouts. Cook the sprouts until medium tenderness has been reached, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- 2In the meantime, in a large saucepan over medium heat fry the bacon until crisp, stirring occasionally. Remove bacon from the pan to a plate lined with a paper towel. Crumble the bacon and set aside.
- 3Leave the bacon fat in the pan and add red onion and 3 tablespoons of butter. Saute until the onions are translucent, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- 4Stir in the red wine vinegar and brown sugar and cook until the liquid is slightly reduced, about 5 minutes.
- 5Drain the Brussels sprouts from water and add to pan with the onions. Stir to coat and add the remaining 1 tablespoon of butter.
- 6Stir in the resrved bacon and cranberries. Season with salt and freshly cracked pepper; to taste and transfer to a serving bowl.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caramelized Brussels Sprouts With Cranberries and Bacon
Serving Size: 1 (458 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 145.0
- Calories from Fat 66
- Total Fat 7.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 14.9 mg
- Sodium 121.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.3 g
- Sugars 6.7 g
- Protein 5.3 g