- 1 bunch fresh broccoli, trimmed and cut into spears
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat and add the oil.
- Add the broccoli and stir well to coat with the oil. Season to taste with s/p.
- Fry until the broccoli turns brown from the sugars caramelizing. Just leave it alone until it starts to brown on the bottom before turning it.
- The result is crispy, sweet, almost candy-like.
- No, it's not burnt - it's CARAMELIZED. LOL.