The broccoli is slowly caramelized to bring out its sweetness, then enlivened with a squeeze of lemon and a pinch of crushed red pepper.... Fast, healthy, vegetarian and totally delicious!! Even broccoli haters will enjoy this dish!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat two tablespoons of olive oil in a big, deep skillet.
- 2Add broccoli, cut side down, cover and cook over moderate heat for about 8 minutes (you want a nice rich brown color.).
- 3Add water and a splash of vermouth, cover and cook for about 7 minutes, until the broccoli is JUST tender and the water has evaporated.
- 4Add the remaining Tablespoon of olive oil, garlic and crushed red pepper. Continue cooking uncovered until the garlic is golden brown, about 3 minutes.
- 5Season broccoli with salt and black pepper to taste and drizzle with lemon juice and serve.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caramelized Broccoli
Serving Size: 1 (353 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 198.0
- Calories from Fat 101
- Total Fat 11.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 101.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.9 g
- Sugars 5.3 g
- Protein 8.7 g