Prep 12 mins
Cook 0 mins
This fast and easy dessert is nothing short of sublime. Try to use a good rum from Puerto Rico.
- 3 tablespoons sweet unsalted butter
- 2 bananas, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces (not too ripe)
- 1⁄4 cup light brown sugar, plus
- 2 tablespoons packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup light rum
- 1 pint premium vanilla ice cream
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add bananas and saute until they turn brown, about 3 minutes. Sprinkle brown sugar over the bananas and cook until the sugar melts, about another 3 minutes. Remove from heat and pour rum into skillet; ignite with a match and let the flames die out.
- Divide ice cream among 4 serving dishes and spoon bananas over. Serve immediately.
Wow-this was exactly what I was looking for! So easy to make-and so delicious. Just be careful when you light the rum, as we almost burned our kitchen down!
This was one of those very easy desserts that looks quite difficult to make & was sooo yummy! I used Jamaican rum & lactose free ice cream & it was great! Thanks for sharing the recipe - DH & I loved it!
Oooh this is just so delicious! I have made this as food gifts for my friends in the past from college days and everyone enjoyed 'em. A very good dessert recipe if you aren't counting calories;)