Recipe by Alan in SW Florida
This fast and easy dessert is nothing short of sublime. Try to use a good rum from Puerto Rico.
- 3 tablespoons sweet unsalted butter
- 2 bananas, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces (not too ripe)
- 1⁄4 cup light brown sugar, plus
- 2 tablespoons packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup light rum
- 1 pint premium vanilla ice cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add bananas and saute until they turn brown, about 3 minutes. Sprinkle brown sugar over the bananas and cook until the sugar melts, about another 3 minutes. Remove from heat and pour rum into skillet; ignite with a match and let the flames die out.
- Divide ice cream among 4 serving dishes and spoon bananas over. Serve immediately.