Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 mins
This recipe looked really good and I am using this site to save it!
- 4 teaspoons unsalted butter
- 2 bananas, halved lengthwise, then crosswise
- 4 teaspoons packed brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons rum (preferably dark)
- 4 teaspoons water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons chopped nuts, toasted
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream
- Melt butter in a 10-inch heavy skillet over moderately high heat until foam subsides, then sauté banana, cut sides down, shaking skillet, 1 minute.
- Remove skillet from heat (away from flame) and sprinkle brown sugar around banana, then pour rum around banana.
- Return skillet to heat and continue to sauté, shaking skillet occasionally, until sugar begins to melt, about 30 seconds.
- Add water, nutmeg, cinnamon, and a pinch of salt and cook over moderate heat, shaking skillet occasionally, until sauce is slightly thickened, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Serve bananas hot, sprinkled with nuts, with a scoop of vanilla ice cream as an accompaniment.