1/1 Photo of Caramelized Bananas in Pine Nut Cookie Bowls
erinn in tbay's Note:
I saw this on Christine Cushing live and changed it a little. You can leave the alcohol out all together if you wish. The cookies can be made well in advance and the bananas done quickly after your meal and the dish assembled when you are ready to enjoy your dessert. I made this for our thirteen dinner guests a couple of weeks ago and it was inhaled!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
pine nut cookies
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup flour
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1Pine nut cookie bowls: preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- 3Finely grind pine nuts with sugar and flour in food processor.
- 4Transfer to a bowl and add butter, egg whites and vanilla and stir well.
- 5Let sit in fridge 1 hour.
- 6Evenly spread 1 tablespoons batter into a 4 inch round template (I cut a 4 inch circle out of bristol board and trimmed the edges) on the parchment paper.
- 7Bake 8-10 minutes- watch and do not over bake.
- 8Quickly remove cookies from sheet and drape over inverted custard bowl to cool.
- 9Caramelized bananas: heat butter and bananas in pan.
- 10Saute 1-2 minutes.
- 11Add brown sugar and ginger and saute 1-2 minutes.
- 12Add rum and milk, bring to a boil and remove from heat.
- 13Assemble in cookie bowls: A scoop of vanilla ice cream with bananas over top.
- 14Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caramelized Bananas in Pine Nut Cookie Bowls
Serving Size: 1 (106 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 322.4
- Calories from Fat 176
- Total Fat 19.6 g
- Saturated Fat 8.0 g
- Cholesterol 31.2 mg
- Sodium 104.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 24.2 g
- Protein 4.0 g