Prep 2 mins
Cook 5 mins
A delicious little treat to cure your sweet tooth while trying to eat healthy! I found this from a lady at our church and tried it out to my delight.
- Peel bananas and cut lengthwise in half.
- Sprinkle sugar over bananas so they're lightly coated.
- Place in oven and broil until the sugar caramelizes.
- Meanwhile in saucepan, combine sugar and a little bit of water just enough to dissolve sugar and place on stove.
- Cook mixture on high heat while constantly stirring until it becomes a light syrup.
- Add the raisins just before taking it off the stove.
- Immediately after the bananas come out of the oven, top with raisin syrup mixture and serve.
This was nice and sweet, and I really enjoyed it, although I do have the get the timing of the syrup with the broiled bananas right. This makes for a nice light dessert.