Recipe by Manami
This captured my heart! Caramelizing the bananas and drizzle them with honey and then combine with yogurt and amaretti & macadamias is a very pleasant dessert. Found this in Olive Magazine, June/07, BBC GoodFood.
- 5 large bananas
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar or 2 tablespoons superfine sugar
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 2 tablespoons honey, plus extra to drizzle (organic is best)
- 6 3⁄4 ounces low-fat creme fraiche or 6 3⁄4 ounces low-fat sour cream
- 6 3⁄4 ounces plain yogurt (use flavored if you choose)
- amaretti cookie, lightly crushed
- chopped macadamia nuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and cut 2 bananas in half lengthways.
- Put them cutside up on a roasting tray and sprinkle the sugar over.
- "Blowtorch" or put them under a hot grill until the sugar has caramelized then leave to cool for a few minutes.
- Peel and mash the remaining bananas with a fork then mix with the lemon juice and honey.
- Whisk the creme fraiche or sour cream and yogurt together until smooth and thickened slightly.
- Fold in the crushed banana mixture and add half the crushed amaretti & chopped macadamia nuts.
- Put the caramelised bananas into 4 serving glasses (cut them in half if they're too long) and spoon the banana mixture over.
- Sprinkle with the remaining amaretti & macadamias and drizzle with a little more honey to serve.