- 2 bananas
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 4 ounces orange juice or 4 ounces pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons rum
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt the butter in a frying pan. Cut the bananas lengthwise and brown them in the butter.
- Set the bananas aside on a plate.
- Still on the heat, pour the sugar in the frying pan and allow it to slightly caramelise. Add the vanilla, the orange juice and the rum.
- Cover and allow to cook for about 5 minutes. Coat the bananas with this sauce. Serve warm.
- Very good served over ice cream, with the sauce drizzled over top.