1/1 Photo of Caramelized Banana Sundaes
What a wonderful and quick finish to any meal. Warm caramelized bananas spooned over melting vanilla ice cream or vanilla frozen yogurt, drizzled with hot chocolate sauce and sprinkled with toasted walnuts. Top it off with a maraschino cherry and you are all set. Note: If you don't have Kahlua you use the sub listed in the Kitchen Dictionary: 1/2 - 1 tsp chocolate extract + 1/2 - 1 tsp instant coffee dissolved in 2 tbsp water = 2 tbsp Kahlua.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 firm bananas (Green tipped works best.)
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 14.79 ml unsalted butter
- 29.58 ml brown sugar
- 354.88 ml vanilla frozen yogurt or 354.88 ml vanilla ice cream
- 28.39 ml walnuts, toasted and chopped
- 4 maraschino cherries
- 1Peel and slice the bananas into 1/4 inch diagonal slices. Place cut bananas in a shallow dish and toss with lemon juice.
- 2Melt the butter and brown sugar in a heavy skillet and cook on medium high heat for one minute or until butter is melted. Stir in the bananas tossing to coat. When bananas are nicely glazed remove from heat.
- 3Place the chocolate chips and half-and-half in a microwave safe measuring cup. Microwave for 20 seconds, stir and microwave again for 10 to 20 seconds if needed. Stir until smooth. Add cinnamon Kahlua or Kahlua substitute.
- 4Place a scoop of vanilla ice cream in an ice cream dish, top with the warm bananas spooning any of the brown sugar glaze over each individual serving. Drizzle with chocolate sauce and sprinkle with toasted chopped walnuts. Garnish each with a maraschino cherries.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caramelized Banana Sundaes
Serving Size: 1 (149 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 278.8
- Calories from Fat 112
- Total Fat 12.4 g
- Saturated Fat 6.3 g
- Cholesterol 11.5 mg
- Sodium 55.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 33.5 g
- Protein 3.9 g