Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is from a recipe card out of the grocery store. I haven't made it yet but it looks so yummy. I wanted to put it here for safe keeping. Time does not include chilling time. It says to grill the bananas but you could probably do them inside on a grill pan or a George Foreman grill or something like that. The directions as written are a little conplicated, I think. When I make it, I will see if I can explain it a little bit better.
- 1 quart butter pecan ice cream or 1 quart dulce de leche ice cream or 1 quart chocolate ice cream, slightly softened
- 1 (9 ounce) extra serving prepared graham cracker pie crusts or 1 (9 ounce) your own deep dish graham cracker pie crusts
- 3 medium bananas
- 1⁄4 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger (optional)
- Spoon softened ice cream into crust, being careful not to break the crust.
- Cover and freeze at least 1 hours or til firmly set.
- Coat unlit grill rack with nonstick cooking spray.
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- Peel but do not remove a 1 inch strip from each banana.
- Replace strip.
- Place bananas on grill.
- Grill, covered 5 minutes.
- Grill 5 minutes longer.
- Meanwhile, toast pecan.
- Place pecans in 8-in square pan and place directly on grill (or use med. saucepan on side burner).
- Cook, stirring occasionally, 2 minutes to lightly brown pecans.
- Add brown sugar, butter, whipping cream, maple syrup, and ginger to pecans.
- Cook and stir until sugar is dissolved and mixture bubbles slightly.
- Remove sauce from heat.
- Remove and discard peels from bananas.
- Cut bananas into pieces.
- Stir into hot sauce.
- Cut pie into serving slices.
- Spoon sauce over each serving.