This is from a recipe card out of the grocery store. I haven't made it yet but it looks so yummy. I wanted to put it here for safe keeping. Time does not include chilling time. It says to grill the bananas but you could probably do them inside on a grill pan or a George Foreman grill or something like that. The directions as written are a little conplicated, I think. When I make it, I will see if I can explain it a little bit better.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 quart butter pecan ice cream or 1 quart dulce de leche ice cream or 1 quart chocolate ice cream, slightly softened
- 1 (9 ounce) extra serving prepared graham cracker pie crusts or 1 (9 ounce) your own deep dish graham cracker pie crusts
- 3 medium bananas
- 1/4 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger (optional)
- 1Spoon softened ice cream into crust, being careful not to break the crust.
- 2Cover and freeze at least 1 hours or til firmly set.
- 3Coat unlit grill rack with nonstick cooking spray.
- 4Preheat grill to medium heat.
- 5Peel but do not remove a 1 inch strip from each banana.
- 6Replace strip.
- 7Place bananas on grill.
- 8Grill, covered 5 minutes.
- 9Grill 5 minutes longer.
- 10Meanwhile, toast pecan.
- 11Place pecans in 8-in square pan and place directly on grill (or use med. saucepan on side burner).
- 12Cook, stirring occasionally, 2 minutes to lightly brown pecans.
- 13Add brown sugar, butter, whipping cream, maple syrup, and ginger to pecans.
- 14Cook and stir until sugar is dissolved and mixture bubbles slightly.
- 15Remove sauce from heat.
- 16Remove and discard peels from bananas.
- 17Cut bananas into pieces.
- 18Stir into hot sauce.
- 19Cut pie into serving slices.
- 20Spoon sauce over each serving.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caramelized Banana Ice Cream Pie
Serving Size: 1 (106 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 327.7
- Calories from Fat 145
- Total Fat 16.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.4 g
- Cholesterol 17.8 mg
- Sodium 211.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 32.0 g
- Protein 2.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
butter pecan ice cream