Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Delicious over vanilla ice cream
Make and share this Caramelized Apples recipe from Food.com.
- Melt butter in large skillet over medium heat; sprinkle sugar over.
- Stir until sugar begins to melt, about 1 minute.
- Add apples.
- Saute until apples are brown and tender and juices form, about 10 minutes.
- Add cream and simmer until sauce thickens slightly, about 2 minutes.
- (Can be prepared 3 hours ahead. Let stand at room temperature. Re-warm apples over medium heat.).
Wow, what a lovely recipe LL. We enjoyed this simple delicious recipe so much. The apples were wonderful in the sauce. I could have eaten them all by themselves, it was amazing that there was still some left to pour over the vanilla bean ice cream that I served these with. Thank you so much for sharing a recipe that I will definitely make again.
This was a tasty treat I enjoyed as dessert. The apples didn't seem caramelized at all just sweet and cinnamony ; the only change I made was to reduce the servings and subbing 1/2 &1/2 for the whipping cream. Made for PRMRT
From my kids reaction, they loved this I did manage to get a thin wedge, and have one. They had these with some Breyers vanilla ice cream, which was scarfed down, though I did enjoyed the wedge without the ice cream too. I did add a little extra cinnamon, and cut the recipe in half too, for the three (2 of them). The apples by itself, if wedged would make a a great kids snack, though the reaction on ice cream is a perfect idea too. Made for PRMR Tag