Recipe by Lavender Lynn
Delicious over vanilla ice cream
Top Review by Baby Kato
Wow, what a lovely recipe LL. We enjoyed this simple delicious recipe so much. The apples were wonderful in the sauce. I could have eaten them all by themselves, it was amazing that there was still some left to pour over the vanilla bean ice cream that I served these with. Thank you so much for sharing a recipe that I will definitely make again.
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 lbs apples, peeled and sliced thin (crisp varieties work best)
- 2⁄3 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- cinnamon (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in large skillet over medium heat; sprinkle sugar over.
- Stir until sugar begins to melt, about 1 minute.
- Add apples.
- Saute until apples are brown and tender and juices form, about 10 minutes.
- Add cream and simmer until sauce thickens slightly, about 2 minutes.
- (Can be prepared 3 hours ahead. Let stand at room temperature. Re-warm apples over medium heat.).