Caramelized Apple Salad With Spicy Orange Vinaigrette
- For the Vinaigrette:.
- Place orange juice in a small nonreactive pan over high heat and cook until reduced to 1/4 cup.
- Place reduce orange juice, vinegar, onion, jalapeno and ancho chili powdeer in a blender and blend until smooth. With the motor running, slowly add the olive oil until emulsified.
- Add honey and the salt and pepper to taste.
- For the Apple Salad:.
- Heat 3/4 cup of the spicy Orange vinaigrette in a medium saute pan, over medium high heat. Add the apples, cut-side down and saute until golden brown. Turn over and saute until just cooked trough, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Place the water cress and fresee in a medium bowl and toss with a few tablespoons of the remaining Spicy Orange Vinagirettte, season with salt and pepper and divide among 4 plates.
- Arrange 2 apple quarters on each plate, garanish with walnuts and feta cheese and drizzle with some of the remaining vinaigrette.