1/2 Photos of Caramelized Apple Pecan Pie
1 hr 50 mins
1 hr 20 mins
Barb Gertz's Note:
A delicious pecan pie with granny smith apples. This makes a 10 inch pie.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt and cool one stick of butter, set aside.
- 2Peel and core the apples, cut into 1/2-inch diceed pieces.
- 3Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and place pecans on a baking sheet; roast about 7 minutes, or until toasty; transfer to a plate to cool; Reduce oven heat to 325 degrees.
- 4In a large, non-stick skillet, melt 4 tablespoons of the butter with the 1/4 sugar over high heat; add the apples, stirring frequently, cook until browned: Add brandy and cook until evaporated, let cool.
- 5In a large bowl, combine brown sugar and corn syrup, flour and cooled melted butter; beat in eggs and vanilla.
- 6Spoon caramelized apples into a ten inch pie crust; pour the custard over the top; scatter the pecans on the top of the custard, pressing in and pecans that protrude.
- 7Bake for about 1 hour or until custard is set, If crust browns too quickly, cover loosley with a piece of foil (release foil works great), Best served with whipped mascarpone cheese or whipped cream.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caramelized Apple Pecan Pie
Serving Size: 1 (2661 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 7394.9
- Calories from Fat 3475
- Total Fat 386.1 g
- Saturated Fat 125.3 g
- Cholesterol 1635.0 mg
- Sodium 2484.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 971.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 48.3 g
- Sugars 592.8 g
- Protein 74.0 g