Recipe by dojemi
This appetizer is elegant and easy. Can also be served as a finale to a special meal.
Top Review by garn9121
My sister and I made this to have as a pre-Thanksgiving snack last year and it was so simple, quick and delicious. We used an apple we had on hand, it wasn't a braeburn, and we tossed the walnuts in with the apples after they had cooled a bit so they were coated in the apple/sugar mixture. Also used brown sugar, and served with sliced baguette. Beautiful and absolutely delicious! A fifteen minute appetizer.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small red apple, cored and sliced or chopped (such as Fuji or Braeburn)
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 (15 ounce) ripe round brie cheese, at room temperature
- 1⁄4 cup toasted and coarsely chopped walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in 10" non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Add apples and sugar.
- Saute', tossing occasionally, until apples are soft and golden brown, about 12 minutes.
- Let apples cool slightly.
- Carefully place chopped apples (or fan apple slices) over cheese; sprinkle with walnuts.
- May be served right away, or chill if it is to be served later.
- May be prepared several hours in advance.
- Serve at room temperature; accompany with assorted crackers and bread slices.