Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I posted a Fresh Strawberry and Almond Baked Brie that I sometimes make a different way...with apples and walnuts. This gave me inspiration to come up with this Bruschetta recipe. It is great in the fall for dinner parties and other occasions.
- Heat Olive Oil in a pan to medium high heat. Add Onions, seasoning with a pinch of salt. Cook until they begin to turn brown and caramelize. DO NOT BURN!
- Add apples, vinegar, and brown sugar. Reduce heat to medium. Saute until apples are cooked through and vinegar/brown sugar are absorbed.
- In the meantime, slice the brie into pieces that are similar in size to the baguette slices. Place one slice of cheese on each baguette slice. Broil for about 2-3 minutes, or until cheese melts and bread is crispy.
- Top each baguette slice with a spoonful of the caramelized apple/onion mixture. Serve warm.
- Idea! - This appetizer is great for a dinner party where pork is the main dish.
I tried this... it was OK, but definitely has too much vinegar, the vinegar overpowered the apples and the sugar in taste. There's also way too many onions in this, the onions along with the vinegar dominated the taste.