Apples, chicken, onions.....WOW, this is a great combo, served with mashed potatoes and green beans.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 (3 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter, divided
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 lb baking apple, cored and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup apple juice or 1/4 cup apple cider
- 1/4 cup apple jelly
- 1In a shallow dish, combine flour, cinnamon, thyme and pepper.
- 2Coat both sides of chicken with flour mixture; shake off excess flour.
- 3Spray a non-stick skillet with no-stick cooking spray.
- 4Melt 1-1/2 teaspoons of butter in skillet over medium heat.
- 5Add chicken; brown 5 to 6 minutes on each side or until chicken is tender.
- 6Remove from skillet and keep warm.
- 7Melt remaining 1-1/2 teaspoons butter in skillet.
- 8Add onions; saute 3 to 4 minutes or until golden brown.
- 9Stir in apples and juice; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 4 to 5 minutes or until apples are tender.
- 10Add apple jelly; stir until melted.
- 11Add chicken back to skillet and heat through.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caramelized Apple and Chicken Saute
Serving Size: 1 (274 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 281.9
- Calories from Fat 38
- Total Fat 4.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 56.9 mg
- Sodium 84.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 25.4 g
- Protein 21.0 g