Recipe by Veghead
This salad has a great color presentation. Maple-flavored syrup can be substituted here but pure maple syrup is highly recommended.
Top Review by LonghornMama
Fantastic and really very easy! Plan on making this again tonight. Great balance of sweet, sour, and salty, the flavors really compliment the arugula. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1 large granny smith apple, peeled and sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 5 ounces arugula
- 4 slices bacon, cooked crisp, broken into bite-size pieces
- 4 slices red onions, quartered
Apple Vinaigrette Dressing
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons apple juice concentrate
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons wine vinegar
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter and syrup in a medium skillet. Cut apple slices in half and add to skillet. Cook over medium-low heat for 20 minutes, stirring frequently. Let cool to warm.
- In a medium bowl, toss arugula with apples, bacon, onions and apple vinaigrette dressing.