Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This salad has a great color presentation. Maple-flavored syrup can be substituted here but pure maple syrup is highly recommended.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1 large granny smith apple, peeled and sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 5 ounces arugula
- 4 slices bacon, cooked crisp, broken into bite-size pieces
- 4 slices red onions, quartered
Apple Vinaigrette Dressing
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons apple juice concentrate
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons wine vinegar
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Melt butter and syrup in a medium skillet. Cut apple slices in half and add to skillet. Cook over medium-low heat for 20 minutes, stirring frequently. Let cool to warm.
- In a medium bowl, toss arugula with apples, bacon, onions and apple vinaigrette dressing.