Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This salad has a great color presentation. Maple-flavored syrup can be substituted here but pure maple syrup is highly recommended.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1 large granny smith apple, peeled and sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 5 ounces arugula
- 4 slices bacon, cooked crisp, broken into bite-size pieces
- 4 slices red onions, quartered
Apple Vinaigrette Dressing
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons apple juice concentrate
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons wine vinegar
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Melt butter and syrup in a medium skillet. Cut apple slices in half and add to skillet. Cook over medium-low heat for 20 minutes, stirring frequently. Let cool to warm.
- In a medium bowl, toss arugula with apples, bacon, onions and apple vinaigrette dressing.
Fantastic and really very easy! Plan on making this again tonight. Great balance of sweet, sour, and salty, the flavors really compliment the arugula. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
10+ stars!!!! This is THE best salad I have had in a long time! WOW! The flavors...the textures... all perfect. The kids liked it too! I can't wait to make it again! Made for PAC fall '07.