Recipe by Charishma_Ramchandani
This recipe is from the "Weekend" magazine's "Foodcourt" column of this week that's dedicated to the versatile potato. I haven't yet tried it but it looks so tempting in the picture, I'll have to try it sooooooooon;)
- 50 g butter
- 4 potatoes
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 cup onion, peeled and sliced
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- fresh parsley, for garnishing
Directions See How It's Made
- Scrub, wash and dry 4 potatoes.
- Pierce the potatoes all over with a fork.
- Bake in a moderately hot oven for 1 hour or until tender.
- A good tip to keep in mind is this:- If you want to bake the potatoes quickly, place them in salt water for 15 minutes before baking.
- Pat them dry with a paper napkin and then bake.
- Then, carefully chop off the top of each potato.
- Scoop out 3/4th of each potato, leaving the skin as it is.
- Heat a pan on medium flame.
- Add butter.
- Allow it to melt.
- Add onions, walnuts and sugar.
- Cook over low flame until the onions are soft.
- Add the scooped out potato pulp to the walnut mixture.
- Saute for 2 minutes.
- Divide the mixture into 4 equal parts.
- Spoon the topping onto each baked potato.
- Garnish with parsley.
- Serve hot.