Recipe by Wendy's Kitchen
A pudding-like cake. Absolutely delicious served hot from the oven - serve with vanilla ice-cream. Two different toppings are given. In Australian we can purchase "Top and Fill" a caramelised condensed milk in a tin - this can be substituted.
- 600 g tapioca, coarsley grated
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 100 g sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon tapioca flour
- 250 g thick coconut milk
- 250 g condensed milk
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 egg yolk, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup thick coconut milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine pudding ingredients and stir to mix well.
- Pour mixture into foil lined 20cm pan and bake in preheated oven 160 Degrees C for 35 - 40 minutes.
- Top pudding with either Topping 1 or Topping 2.
- For topping 1: Mix condensed milk and flour in pot stirring continuously until mixture is thick.
- Lower heat and qucickly whisk in the egg yolk.
- Cook for two more minutes before pouring over pudding.
- Grill over high heat to brown top for 2 minutes.
- For Topping 2, mix togtether ingredients. Pour mixture over pudding and bake for another 25 minutes.