1/2 Photos of Caramelised Red Onion Chutney Recipe
1 hr 10 mins
This one is a really lovely chutney. Use it on or in quiches, pizzas, plain biscuits, sandwiches or just with a cheese platter, I am sure you will love it. I do keep this in the fridge, and it never lasts long, so I am not sure as to its time of keeping, but would say at least 5-6 months.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut the onions and chilli into thin slices, then cut onion slices in half again and put them into a pan with bay leaves, chilli and oil. Cook gently over a low heat for about 20 minutes.
- 2When the onions are dark and sticky, add the sugar, the vinegars and mustard seeds, simmer for about 30 minutes, until the chutney is thick and dark. (Stirring at intervals so the chutney does not stick to the pan).
- 3Pour the chutney into hot, sterilised jars seal and let chutney cool.
- 4You must have a taste but really (before you eat it) this should left for a month or maybe even more for the flavours to blend and mature. .
Browse Our Top Jams and Preserves Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Jams and Preserves Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caramelised Red Onion Chutney Recipe
Serving Size: 1 (1410 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 373.2
- Calories from Fat 53
- Total Fat 5.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 35.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 76.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 63.9 g
- Protein 2.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: