Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is one of my favorite summer salads with the taste of Thailand. You can use your favorite vegetables and roast in the same way....
- 1 kg pumpkin, cubed
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 250 g spinach leaves
- 250 g lettuce leaves
- 1 red capsicum, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 small cucumber, cubed
- 3 tablespoons chopped coriander
- 3 tablespoons chopped basil
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon chile pepper jam
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon palm sugar
- 1⁄4 cup stock
- To make dressing bring chili jam, lime juice, soy, sugar and stock to boil.
- Set aside.
- Toss cubed pumpkin in oil and and roast till golden 200c about 45minutes.
- Mix all salad ingredients together add pumpkin and drizzle over dressing!
- Can add 1-2 tablespoons roasted peanuts, and fresh sliced chili.
Delicious salad. It so colourful and healthy, and really a meal in itself. I used half lettuce and half baby spinach, and a green capsicum. I only had 200 grams of cheese, which I cut it into batons -- I think 150 grams of cheese would probably be plenty. I used Tomato Chilli (Chile) Jam in the dressing. In future I will double the amount dressing because this does make a huge salad. Thanks Ricky for a great recipe.