This is one of my favorite summer salads with the taste of Thailand. You can use your favorite vegetables and roast in the same way....
- 1 kg pumpkin, cubed
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 250 g spinach leaves
- 250 g lettuce leaves
- 1 red capsicum, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 small cucumber, cubed
- 3 tablespoons chopped coriander
- 3 tablespoons chopped basil
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon chile pepper jam
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon palm sugar
- 1⁄4 cup stock
- To make dressing bring chili jam, lime juice, soy, sugar and stock to boil.
- Set aside.
- Toss cubed pumpkin in oil and and roast till golden 200c about 45minutes.
- Mix all salad ingredients together add pumpkin and drizzle over dressing!
- Can add 1-2 tablespoons roasted peanuts, and fresh sliced chili.
Delicious salad. It so colourful and healthy, and really a meal in itself. I used half lettuce and half baby spinach, and a green capsicum. I only had 200 grams of cheese, which I cut it into batons -- I think 150 grams of cheese would probably be plenty. I used Tomato Chilli (Chile) Jam in the dressing. In future I will double the amount dressing because this does make a huge salad. Thanks Ricky for a great recipe.