Prep 5 mins
Cook 6 mins
This is just so simple and easy to do but is full of flavour as well. I did use pine nuts when I made this and they worked out quite well. I would suggest a good robust blue for this or Gorgonzola.
- 60 g butter
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon palm sugar (can use brown sugar)
- 2 firm brown pears (quartered and cored)
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts
- 100 g rocket (arugula)
- 150 g soft blue cheese, sliced
- Place the butter, vinegar and sugar in a frying pan over medium heat.
- When butter is melted add the pear and walnuts and cook for 4-6 minutes until the pear is just soft.
- Place the rocket on serving plates and top with the pear and walnuts.
- Spoon over the pan juices and top with the blue cheese.
So good! Loved all the flavors with this salad. Served with roasted chicken and sausage dressing.
This is delicious, easy and healthy. Love it. I omitted the nuts as I'm allergic to nuts. I added some feta instead. The warm pear slices were delicious. I sliced each pear into 8 pieces and that was the perfect size to cook 5 minutes and not have the pear fall apart. I will make this again. Thank you.
I made this salad and it was superb!thanks!