1/4 Photos of Caramelised Onion, Potato and Ham Soup
1 hr 20 mins
I have 10kg of onions in my cupboard, the same of potatoes and a ham bone I needed to use. Here's what I came up with and i must say it's very tasty.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 4 large onions, finely sliced
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 kg potato, peeled and diced about 3/4 inch
- 2 cups diced cooked ham
- 8 cups chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon Emeril's Original Essence or 1 teaspoon seasoning, of your choice
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 cup peas
- 1/2 cup cream
- chopped parsley, to finish
- 1Heat the oil in a large saucepan over a medium flame.
- 2Add the onions and cook gently for about 20 minutes or until well softened and golden, stirring occasionally.
- 3Add the sugar and vinegar, stir well and allow to cook for a further 10 minutes.
- 4Add the diced potato, ham, seasoning, stock, thyme and pepper; simmer gently for 30 minutes or until the potato is cooked through.
- 5Add the peas about 10 minutes before the soup is cooked.
- 6Add the cream, serve, and sprinkle with the parsley.
Browse Our Top Ham Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caramelised Onion, Potato and Ham Soup
Serving Size: 1 (4127 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1613.4
- Calories from Fat 614
- Total Fat 68.3 g
- Saturated Fat 25.4 g
- Cholesterol 222.0 mg
- Sodium 1520.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 171.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 20.6 g
- Sugars 44.0 g
- Protein 79.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Emeril's Original Essence