Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This will fill a 3.5 kg turkey, halve recipe to fill a 1.6 kg chicken
Make and share this Caramelised Onion and Couscous Seasoning recipe from Food.com.
- Place couscous in large heatproof bowl, stir in stock.
- Cover with glad wrap, set aside for 5 minutes till liquid is absorbed.
- Using fork, separate grains.
- Heat oil in frypan, cook onion and garlic for 5 minutes.
- Stir in sugar, vinegar and thyme.
- Cook and stir for 10 - 15 minutes till onion caramelizes.
- Stir onion and sultanas into couscous.
- Season with salt and pepper if need be.
I made this up, browned chicken thighs separately, put the chicken in a greased baking dish with the couscous all around the chicken, covered with foil and baked it. The couscous absorbed the chicken juices and stayed moist. We loved this! Thanks for sharing the recipe.
A new experience for us. Our first couscous recipe. We all really enjoyed it. The flavor reminded us of cornbread dressing. Made for ZWT9 for Hot Stuff.
I used Israeli couscous, which required a little more broth, and a short boiling time, but other than that I made it as stated. I was a little hesitant to put sultanas (raisins) in- my husband and I liked them, but my son picked them out. For ZWT9