Recipe by katew
This will fill a 3.5 kg turkey, halve recipe to fill a 1.6 kg chicken
Top Review by Pesto lover
I made this up, browned chicken thighs separately, put the chicken in a greased baking dish with the couscous all around the chicken, covered with foil and baked it. The couscous absorbed the chicken juices and stayed moist. We loved this! Thanks for sharing the recipe.
- 2 cups couscous
- 2 cups boiling chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large brown onions, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons thyme, chopped
- 2⁄3 cup sultana (optional)
- Place couscous in large heatproof bowl, stir in stock.
- Cover with glad wrap, set aside for 5 minutes till liquid is absorbed.
- Using fork, separate grains.
- Heat oil in frypan, cook onion and garlic for 5 minutes.
- Stir in sugar, vinegar and thyme.
- Cook and stir for 10 - 15 minutes till onion caramelizes.
- Stir onion and sultanas into couscous.
- Season with salt and pepper if need be.