Recipe by Missy Wombat
Originally from the Queensland Fruit and Vegetable Growers, this frittata is simple and delicious.
Top Review by Makarios309
I love frittatas, bc you can throw anything in them and they always taste incredible! I would add cumin and worcestershire and cayenne, and you can use rice instead of chickpeas if you like. Try spinach and feta combo!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 large red onion, sliced
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas
- 6 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- fresh thyme leave
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil and butter in a heavy based large frypan, add onion and saute over gentle heat for approximately 10 minutes until soft and caramelised.
- Add chickpeas and stir to combine.
- In a separate bowl, beat together eggs, cream, salt and pepper.
- Pour over onion mixture in frypan.
- Sprinkle with parmesan and thyme and cook for 5-6 minutes.
- Transfer frittata to under a hot grill for 1-2 minutes to lightly brown the top.
- Cut into wedges and serve immediately with salad and chutney.