Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
A bit of a posh quiche, a great one to serve if you have company!
Make and share this Caramelised Onion and Camembert Quiche recipe from Food.com.
- 1 sheet frozen shortcrust pastry, thawed
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 100 g light camembert cheese, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup low-fat milk
- 2 eggs
- salt & pepper
- Place pastry sheet into a 20cm quiche tin. Trim edges and rest in the frisge for 15 minutes.
- Fill pastry case with crumpled foil and blind bake at 180 C for 5-10 minutes Remove foil.
- Spray a frypan with oilve oil. Saute onion for 1-2 mins, add vinegar and sugar, cook stirring for 5 mins or until very tender.
- Spread onion onto base of pastry case. Top with cheese and parsley.
- Whisk together remaining ingredients and pour over filling.
- Bake for 20-25 mins or until filling is golden and firm.
Very good as an appetizer, baked in frozen purchased tart shells.
Lovely! It was perfect to use some left over camembert that had been lurking in the fridge for some time. The cheese gives the quiche a nice tangy taste which goes nicely with the sweetness of the onions. Thanks!
This was so tasty! We loved the sweet onions with the camembert. Next time I'll add another onion and two more eggs though, because it was a bit thin. Yummy! Thanks Mandy!