Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
My daughter loves baby leeks and this recipe is so simple to make.
- 18 baby leeks, cleaned and cut in half
- 50 g butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- sea salt and black pepper
- Preheat oven to 220 Degrees Celsius.
- Cut leeks into 6cm slices.
- Heat butter, brown sugar and vinegar, stirring over low heat until sugar dissolves.
- Add leeks and cook 3 minutes only.
- Remove leeks and allow to cool slightly.
- Cut pastry in half then in 3 equal pieces to create 6 rectangles.
- Lay leeks side by side on pastry leaving 1 cm border.
- Brush egg around edges.
- Bake for 25 minutes.