Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
A low calorie, low-fat, scrumptious-sounding recipe I have just found in the Australian Women's Weekly's 'SLIM: low-fat eating for life', and which I am posting for the Healthy for the Holidays Challenge. The recipe didn't specify the heat level, but my guess would be that the figs are cooked over a medium to low heat.
- 1 cup low-fat yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup roasted pistachios, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- 6 large fresh figs
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Combine yoghurt, nuts, nutmeg and sugar in a small bowl.
- Halve the figs lengthways, brush the cut side with honey and cook the figs, cut-side down, uncovered, in a large, non-stick pan, for 5 minutes.
- Turn the figs, and cook, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until lightly browned; and serve the figs with the spiced yoghurt.
A simple, 5 star definition of bliss. Thank you, thank you, thank you.