1/2 Photos of Caramelised Chicken and Pumpkin Stir-fry
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 500 g skinless chicken fillets, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 -3 tablespoons peanut oil
- 300 g butternut pumpkin, sliced into pieces about 2 x 4 cm and 5 mm thick
- 1 red capsicum, seeded and cut into strips
- 60 g soft brown sugar
- 60 ml fish sauce
- 60 ml rice vinegar
- 1 (400 g) can baby corn, drained
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander
- 1Place the chicken in a bowl, add the crushed garlic and about 2 teaspoons of the peanut oil, then season with salt and plenty of freshly ground black pepper.
- 2Heat a wok over high heat and add 1 tablespoon oil swirling to coat the sides of the wok.
- 3Stir-fry the chicken in two batches for about 2 minutes per batch or until the meat changes colour.
- 4Transfer the meat to a plate.
- 5Add the remaining oil to the wok and stir-fry the pumpkin for about 4 minutes, or until tender but not falling apart.
- 6Add the capsicum strips during the pumpkins last minute of stir-frying.
- 7Remove the vegetables to the plate with the chicken.
- 8Put the sugar, fish sauce, vinegar and 125ml water in the wok, stir thoroughly, then bring to the boil and boil for about 10 minutes or until syrupy.
- 9Add the baby corn to the wok and heat for a couple of minutes, then return the chicken and vegetables to the wok as well.
- 10Stir for 1 minute, or until well coated with the syrup and heated through.
- 11Sir in the coriander and serve immediately over steamed rice.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caramelised Chicken and Pumpkin Stir-fry
Serving Size: 1 (326 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 363.2
- Calories from Fat 82
- Total Fat 9.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 72.5 mg
- Sodium 1517.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 19.9 g
- Protein 32.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: