1/2 Photos of Caramelised Chicken and Pumpkin Stir-fry
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 500 g skinless chicken fillets, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 -3 tablespoons peanut oil
- 300 g butternut pumpkin, sliced into pieces about 2 x 4 cm and 5 mm thick
- 1 red capsicum, seeded and cut into strips
- 60 g soft brown sugar
- 60 ml fish sauce
- 60 ml rice vinegar
- 1 (400 g) can baby corn, drained
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander
- 1Place the chicken in a bowl, add the crushed garlic and about 2 teaspoons of the peanut oil, then season with salt and plenty of freshly ground black pepper.
- 2Heat a wok over high heat and add 1 tablespoon oil swirling to coat the sides of the wok.
- 3Stir-fry the chicken in two batches for about 2 minutes per batch or until the meat changes colour.
- 4Transfer the meat to a plate.
- 5Add the remaining oil to the wok and stir-fry the pumpkin for about 4 minutes, or until tender but not falling apart.
- 6Add the capsicum strips during the pumpkins last minute of stir-frying.
- 7Remove the vegetables to the plate with the chicken.
- 8Put the sugar, fish sauce, vinegar and 125ml water in the wok, stir thoroughly, then bring to the boil and boil for about 10 minutes or until syrupy.
- 9Add the baby corn to the wok and heat for a couple of minutes, then return the chicken and vegetables to the wok as well.
- 10Stir for 1 minute, or until well coated with the syrup and heated through.
- 11Sir in the coriander and serve immediately over steamed rice.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caramelised Chicken and Pumpkin Stir-fry
Serving Size: 1 (326 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 363.2
- Calories from Fat 82
- Total Fat 9.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 72.5 mg
- Sodium 1517.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 19.9 g
- Protein 32.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: