Caramelised Chicken and Pumpkin Stir-fry
- Place the chicken in a bowl, add the crushed garlic and about 2 teaspoons of the peanut oil, then season with salt and plenty of freshly ground black pepper.
- Heat a wok over high heat and add 1 tablespoon oil swirling to coat the sides of the wok.
- Stir-fry the chicken in two batches for about 2 minutes per batch or until the meat changes colour.
- Transfer the meat to a plate.
- Add the remaining oil to the wok and stir-fry the pumpkin for about 4 minutes, or until tender but not falling apart.
- Add the capsicum strips during the pumpkins last minute of stir-frying.
- Remove the vegetables to the plate with the chicken.
- Put the sugar, fish sauce, vinegar and 125ml water in the wok, stir thoroughly, then bring to the boil and boil for about 10 minutes or until syrupy.
- Add the baby corn to the wok and heat for a couple of minutes, then return the chicken and vegetables to the wok as well.
- Stir for 1 minute, or until well coated with the syrup and heated through.
- Sir in the coriander and serve immediately over steamed rice.