Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A great way to serve carrots. They can even be cooked in advance and just reheated prior to serving
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 25 g butter
- 8 medium carrots, sliced thickly
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Heat the oil and butter in a frying pan. Add the carrots and cook, covered, over a low heat, until the carrots have just tendered.
- Add the sugar, stir constantly, about 10 minutes, or until the carrots caramelise.
- Stir in the parsley and the vinegar.
Very good! These tasty carrots need a long slow cook. Made these as written. Although I did rush the glaze part a bit as the rest of my dinner was getting over cooked. Thanks for the post.
I enjoyed these as did my DH. We used baby carrots but followed the remainder of the directions as is. I am not a cooked carrot lover but liked these so will make again. Served with pork chops, fettucini alfredo, and fruit salad. Thank you Jube. Made for Aus/NZ Swap 41
I scaled this back to use 2 large carrots which I equated to 3 medium as this is what 3 of us normally eat as a side serve but next time I will double that, these are just so delicious and made a great side to tonights dinner with your Good Old-Fashioned Mashed Potato as another side and Annacia Chicken and Pear Skillet Supper (Diabetic) as the main, thank you **Jube**, made for Edition 9 - Make My Recipes.