Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Easy and sooo tasty! You would think it comes from some posh recipe book, but in fact I found it on the back of the Sainsbury's label stuck on the squash...
- 1 butternut squash
- 3 oranges
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Cointreau liqueur
- 1 tablespoon ghee (or butter)
- of fresh mint
- Prepare the butternut squash and cut into slices.
- Sprinkle with brown sugar and leave for about 30 minutes.
- Then fry slices in butter for 2-3 minutes on each side. Remove and place to one side.
- Add the zest of the 3 oranges and the juice of one to the pan with a generous splash of Cointreau. Simmer for 1-2 minutes before returning the butternut squash slices to the pan and heat through for a further 1-2 minutes.
- Serve immediately garnished with fresh mint.
very good. I've been looking for another way to serve butternut. Thanks for sharing. Maryanne