Prep 45 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This cheesecake has a unique flavor with a caramel topping. Enjoy!
Make and share this Carameled Peach Cheesecake recipe from Food.com.
- 2 1⁄2 graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 4 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 4 peaches, peeled and sliced
- 1 (12 ounce) bag caramel candies
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Preheat the oven to 325°F Prep a spring form pan as follows: Place a sheet of parchment paper over the inside bottom of the springform pan, fit the rim and lock in place. Trim excess paper from the underside of the pan. Place two large sheets of heavy duty aluminum foil on counter. Place the locked pan in center and raise up the foil to top rim. Crinkle around the outer top of rim.
- CRUST: Combine graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and butter in a small bowl, mix well. Butter the bottom and inside edges of a spring form pan and coat the bottom about 1/4 inch thick and the sides about 1/8 inch thick with the crust mixture. Refrigerate while making the cake batter.
- CAKE: In a bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar, and sour cream until soft and smooth. Add the eggs and beat until combined. Then add the vanilla and lemon juice and mix thoroughly.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and place the cake pan inside a water bath (which is a large roasting pan and pour in very hot tap water until it reaches halfway up the sides of the cake pan.). Bake for 1.5 hours, or until the center reaches 145°F with an instant read digital thermometer.
- TOPPING: Increase oven temperature to 400°F Combine the sour cream, sugar and vanilla and pour over the top of the cheese cake and bake for 15 minutes more.
- Remove the cake pan from the larger pan and set aside to cool on a rack. Then refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- CARAMEL TOPPING: In double broiler melt caramel candies.
- In a small bowl combine powdered sugar and milk, adding more sugar if needed so mixture is thick enough to coat a spoon. Add peaches to caramel, then add milk and sugar mixture until you reach thickness that you desire. (Do not overcook.).
- Cool topping to room temperature, then top the cheese cake and refrigerate at least 4 more hours. Do not release spring. Refrigerate a minimum of 4 hours.
- SERVE: Run a knife between the cake and the rim of the pan. Release the spring, and carefully lift off the rim.
I think it's impossible to go wrong with a recipe like this one, as it makes for an absolutely great tasting dessert, & a nice change from the berry topping! Followed your recipe right on down & was not disappointed! Loved the combo of peach & caramel! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Tagged & made in Please Review My Recipe]
Outstanding fine dining tonight! I did make 1/4 of the recipe as SweetsLady. For the first baking time, I had it in at 325 degrees for 47 minutes. After putting on the topping, I baked at 400 for 10 minutes. I did use the aluminum foil to lift it out of the hot water, but this was the small size and it worked fine. I definitely do not think I had enough caramels in -lazy me did not weigh them just used a measuring cup. I used 8 cubes (remembered I quartered the recipe). Served this with Marinated Shrimp With Champagne Beurre Blanc. Now to walk it off-onto my second 3 miles. Thanks 2Bleu (Bird&Buddha) for sharing another fabulous recipe! Made for PRMR tag.
We love cheesecake! This is a new favorite! I had to use canned peaches as our base commissary didn't have any when I went. I made 1/4 of the recipe to make a mini cheesecake and used Kittencal's Brown Sugar Caramel Sauce or Ice Cream Topping to combine with the peaches. Thank you for the delicious recipe, 2Bleu!