Recipe by KerryBnTX
I developed this frosting because I hate heavy sugary frostings. I love whipped cream on cake but the problem with frosting a cake with whipped cream is that it either soaks into the cake or breaks. This seemed to stabilize pretty well.I frosted a Red Velvet Cake with this and it made such an interesting color combination.
- 1 (14 ounce) caneagle brand sweetened condensed milk, caramelized
- 1⁄3 cup white chocolate chips
- 2 cups heavy cream or 2 cups whipping cream
- 1 dash salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- You can caramelize the milk any way you like.
- There are several recipes on this site.
- I cook the un-opened can of Eagle Brand Milk in my deep slow cooker filled with water almost to the top.
- Cook on high setting 3-4 hours.
- Mine cooks hot and was done in 3 hours.
- LET COOL COMPLETELY!
- In a small microwaveable bowl melt the White Chocolate Chips.
- Mix the caramel into the melted White Chocolate, add salt.
- Whip the cream in a large chilled bowl with chilled beater until very thick.
- Don't allow it to Break.
- Stir in Vanilla.
- Add a 1/4 of the whipped cream to the caramel/chocolate mixture to lighten.
- Add this mixture back to the whipped cream and whip till well blended and thick enough to spread.
- Fill and frost layer cake.
- I am sure this would be good on almost any cake variety.