Recipe by MARIA MAC *
Got this from an old Mr. Food insert. They look very rich and need to be chilled before you eat them. Otherwise you can't cut them into bars they are so gooey from the caramels. Haven't tried this yet. Putting it here for safekeeping.
- 1 (14 ounce) package caramels
- 2⁄3 cup evaporated milk (divided)
- 1 (18 1/2 ounce) package caramel flavored cake mix
- 3⁄4 cup butter (melted)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 cups walnut halves (or pieces)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Unwrap caramels and place in a medium saucepan.
- Add 1/3 cup evaperated milk cook over low heat until caramels melt; stirring often.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- Stir until just blended.
- Mix cake mix, butter, vanilla and cinnamon.
- Spread half the dough into greased 9 in square pan Chill remaining dough.
- Bake at 350 for 10 minutes.
- Cool in pan on a wire rack for 5 minute.
- Pour caramel mix over brownie layer.
- Sprinkle with walnuts.
- Spoon remaining dough into 9 equal portions on wax paper.
- Pat each portion into a 3 inches circle. Place circles over walnuts, overlapping slightly Dough will spread during baking).
- Bake at 350 for 25 minutes.
- Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cover and chill thoroughly before cutting.