MARIA MAC *'s Note:
Got this from an old Mr. Food insert. They look very rich and need to be chilled before you eat them. Otherwise you can't cut them into bars they are so gooey from the caramels. Haven't tried this yet. Putting it here for safekeeping.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350.
- 2Unwrap caramels and place in a medium saucepan.
- 3Add 1/3 cup evaperated milk cook over low heat until caramels melt; stirring often.
- 4Remove from heat and set aside.
- 5Stir until just blended.
- 6Mix cake mix, butter, vanilla and cinnamon.
- 7Spread half the dough into greased 9 in square pan Chill remaining dough.
- 8Bake at 350 for 10 minutes.
- 9Cool in pan on a wire rack for 5 minute.
- 10Pour caramel mix over brownie layer.
- 11Sprinkle with walnuts.
- 12Spoon remaining dough into 9 equal portions on wax paper.
- 13Pat each portion into a 3 inches circle. Place circles over walnuts, overlapping slightly Dough will spread during baking).
- 14Bake at 350 for 25 minutes.
- 15Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cover and chill thoroughly before cutting.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caramel-Walnut Brownies
Serving Size: 1 (921 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 275.9
- Calories from Fat 178
- Total Fat 19.8 g
- Saturated Fat 7.7 g
- Cholesterol 29.5 mg
- Sodium 142.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 17.7 g
- Protein 3.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
caramel flavored cake mix