Recipe by AZPARZYCH
I cut this recipe out of the Sunday coupons 5+ years ago. I make them every Christmas for gift giving.
Top Review by Debbwl
Yum!! What tasty little bites! Plated this up for DH to take to work and he said they were gone within minutes. Made as written and will be making again. Thanks so much for the post.
- 2 cups flour
- 3⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 beaten egg
- 3⁄4 cup cold margarine or 3⁄4 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 (14 ounce) bag caramels, unwrapped
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix flour, sugar and egg.
- Cut in ½ cup margarine until crumbly.
- Stir in walnuts.
- Reserve 2 cups of crumb mixture.
- Press remaining crumb mixture firmly into a greased and floured 13x9 in pan.
- Bake 15 minutes.
- In a saucepan over low heat melt caramels with sweetened-condensed milk and remaining ¼ cup margarine.
- Pour over prepared crust and top with reserved crumb mixture.
- Bake 20 minutes or until bubbly.
- Cool and cut into bars.
- Store at room temperature.