Recipe by Doglover61(aka Earnhardt)
This comes from the new Taste of Home. Haven't tried them yet, but want to post them to save the recipe on Zaar!! I love truffles, so will be making them for my gift trays this season. Cooking/prep times are approximate due to chilling, etc.
Top Review by Roadrunner
I love the Caramel it is DELICIOUS! One problem I had was I used waxed paper to line the dish for it to set up; BAD IDEA! I'm going to make again and this time I will use the plastic wrap as the directions say. I think it will work better. Thanks for the recipe! This is now one of my favorites!
- 26 caramels
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1⁄4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 1⁄3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening
Directions See How It's Made
- Line an 8 inch square dish with plastic wrap and set aside.
- In a microwave safe bowl, combine the caramels, milk chocolate chips and cream.
- Microwave, uncovered, on high for 1 minute; stir.
- Microwave 1 minute longer, stirring every 15 seconds or until caramels are melted and mixture is smooth.
- Spread into prepared dish; refrigerate 1 hour or until firm.
- Using plastic wrap, lift candy out of pan.
- Cut into 30 pieces, rolling each piece into a 1 inch ball.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until firm.
- In microwave safe bowl, melt semisweet chips and shortening; stir until smooth.
- Dip caramels in chocolate and place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets.
- Refrigerate until firm.