Prep 1 hr
Cook 6 hrs
Rich and sinful to be sure. Scrumptious. If you’re going to cheat on your diet for some dessert, this one is it!
- 1⁄3 cup butter or 1⁄3 cup hard margarine
- 1 1⁄4 cups chocolate wafer crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon icing sugar (confectioners')
- 20 caramels
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons hard margarine
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 (1 ounce) envelope whipped dessert topping mix (prepared according to package directions)
- 2 cups frozen light whipped dessert topping, thawed
- Chocolate Crust: Melt butter in medium saucepan. Stir in wafer crumbs, pecans and icing sugar. Press in bottom and up sides of 9-inch pie plate. Bake in 350 F oven for 10 minutes.
- Caramel Layer: Heat caramels, butter and milk in large saucepan, stirring often, until smooth. Pour into prepared crust. Cool completely.
- Truffle Layer: Heat chocolate chips in medium saucepan over hot water, or on low, stirring constantly, until smooth. Do not overheat. Cool.
- Fold dessert topping into chocolate. Spread over cooled caramel layer. Chill for 3 to 4 hours.
- Topping: Spread whipped topping over pie. Garnish with grated chocolate if desired.